dilluns, 6 d’abril del 2009

I am scared, frightened, anxious...

250 words never frightened me so much.
And they are supposed to judge who is going to be the best candidate for the graduation speech out of these 250 words.
I wish I could even be able to put myself into a million of them.

I am incredibly happy that somebody thought of me as a valid representative, as a shaking smile with legs that could be reading, on a graduation ceremony, a speech that should represent each one of us, UWCiM '09 generation.

Nevertheless, or perhaps right because of that, I am so bloody scared.
I doubt whether I can make it, I seriously doubt whether anyone could make it. And still, it has to be done so… why not give it a try?
The feeling of partial truth terrifies me though. And if I am not even able to talk for myself, how would I be for everybody?
Plus, I know I won't be taking everyone in, for my energy and happiness will perhaps forget about those who silently cry waiting the day to leave this place. Perhaps those shouldn't be taken anyway…
Oh, what an ignominy. Everyone counts in here, everyone makes this place what it is, everyone has a presence that cannot be denied.
And I would be lying if I neglected those who lost the faith in this, since they are the ones that make mine stronger.

I don't think I should be writing this. It confuses me, and I am confused enough. Sleepy, too.
Always leaving important things for the last moment.
I have too many things to say for 250 words, for 250 words written late at night, when eyes start turning off by themselves.

I am afraid of not saying nor putting into words the best of myself. However… who can? There is always something else to improve. There is always something else to learn. There is always something else to make you considering shutting down your eyes forever; as well as there is always something else that keeps them awake, longing for new smiles.