divendres, 3 de juliol del 2009

A while of my new age


0 o'clock and what was I doing?
Drinking carajillo* in a bar while learning a bit of hebrew vocabulary (not that I got to learn much anyway).
*Carajillo: coffe with rum or cognac/brandy
And, of course, waiting. It seems we all have to wait since nobody seems to be able to be on time. But it is more pleasant while doing something else, it keeps away the anxiety, frustation and the possible anger for being made to wait.
What do we do now? Wait. Yes, but while waiting. What about hanging ourselves?
Yes, that means Godot's lines are still in my head, for the desperation of the ones by my side.

Finally my friend came, but nothing to be done. Not much in the mood, and even less since all people around were at least 8 years older and I knew non of them. I even met a friend of my father and the parents of some old classmate.
The concert wasn't like it was something nice to be heard, I'm not that much in heavy lately...plus the singer was quite an enthusiastic one, and he approached me (dunno whether encouragin me to dance or what). It's not like the sweat and the cow piercing on his nose was the nicest thing. But at least he played the tambourine every now and then, which gave him certainly a point not many heavy singers can be proud to have. (LOL)

I kept checking my phone every now and then. Had not much to do apart from drinking my bear and chat some random words to even more random people.
You always hope to get some sms on your birthday. Like some years ago, when they arrived even some seconds before it was mid night.
Nothing now.
I wonder whether that just lets me see how much distanced I have gained from people here. Though it's not like I cared for birthdays being an essential of one's life, but they certainly have a point of it.
Guess it is the feeling of being rememberd, being cared for, being important enough to spend 0,15-0'20 cents in a sms? Ha (sorry: Ja).

Not that I reminded anybody. True. Didn't even consider it, to be honest.
Difference being only that now I am right when I say I'm 19 (lately I said that right away and had to correct myself again and again).

"Things are not about how they start but about how they end" I was thinking at some point, looking either at my beer or the weird band playing. Guess I tried to give still a chance to my birthday-day. Then I thought "well, that's wrong, they're actually about what you learned of the experience when it comes to and end".
Learn that:
-life keeps going on.
-smiling still makes people happy (or a bit less sad)
-cats in Spain can shout as much as Musala's
-there's never enough time to give all you beloved what they deserve
-blabla

and that Godot didn't.
No.
He didn't come



yet.